For those of you outside Andhra Pradesh, you would probably not be knowing about the massive liquor mafia scam that is being unearthed. Recent ACB report to the court mentioned that this scam maybe worth Rs. 15000 crore!
Even if you knew the above point, there is little probability that you will know that the Pradesh congress president is also facing a lot of heat from the opposition. Mr. Botsa Satyanarayana has himself agreed that ~30 of his relatives/acquaintances have liquor shops and it is perfectly legal. Curiously, he also derided the opposition asking them why they are concentrating so much only on liquor scam, and not on other burning issues like weavers and farmers problems. The irony of the ruling party chief himself telling the opposition what to concentrate on aside, that statement showed his uneasiness.
Today, regional newspaper, Eenadu published scathing proof of Mr. Botsa Satyanarayana's (BS) invovlement in this liquor business. Mr. BS hails from the district of Vijayanagaram. The town of Vijayanagaram has 12 liquor outlets. 11 of them belong to people working in Mr. BS's industries/shops.
Some of these 11 "owners" have a white ration card. A white ration card means the government has classified you as "poor". These people have bought these liquor shops by shelling out tens of lakhs of rupees. Details below.
1. The picture below is of the house being constructed by Mr. Chelluri Chittibabu, under the "Indiramma scheme". He holds a white ration card # 0281059A0264. This "poor" man won in through an auction the bid to own "Seven Hills Wine". Since he is a "poor" man, he could buy this shop for just Rs. 99.7 lakhs. (Rupees Ninety Nine lakhs, seventy thousand only). He works in "Satya Stone Crushers" owned by Mr. BS and also looks after electrical problems at home.
2. The picture below is of the house owned by Mr. Kalisetti Lakshman Rao. He has a white ration card# 028105100082. This "poor" man works in "Satya Stone Crushers" owned by Mr. BS. And this "poor" man owns the outlet "Dhanalakshmi wines".
3. The picture below is of Mr. Vyakaranam Apparao. This "poor" man holds a white ration card. He is a worker in the Degree college owned by Mr. BS. This "poor" man won the bid for "Sri Lakshmi wines" for a partly Rs. 1.06 crores (Rupees 1 crore, sixty thousand only).
4. The picture below is of Mr. Lachireddy Achumnaidu's house. This "poor" man holds a white ration card# 022001700174. He maintains accounts of the liquor syndicate in the town. This "poor" man won the bid for "Jayalakshmi wines" for a partly Rs. 79 lakhs only.
5. The picture below is of Mr. Bandaru Swami Naidu's house. This "poor" man holds a white ration card# 0220017A0077. He maintains accounts of the liquor syndicate in the town. This "poor" man won the bid for "Vijayalakshmi wines" for a partly Rs. 89.17 lakhs only.
6. The picture below is of Mr. Majji Srinavasa Rao's house. His wife holds a white ration card#022002900003. He is an employee of "Satya Stone crushers" owned by Mr. BS. He won the bid for "Priya wines" for a partly Rs. 79 lakhs only.
The table below gives the details of the other 5. English table below the telugu one.
In case you forgot - ACB values the scam at Rs. 15,000 crores. Mr. BS is the APCC president and a minister of the AP Cabinet. If you are also keen to know how the syndicate works, read this. And more importantly, please spread the word.